Subject: Re: ppp problems all over again.
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 17:10:55
On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, xiamin wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, synapse wrote:
>
> > my setup involves myself having a dynamic address, and the remote host
> > having a dynamic address (a bunch of Ascend MAX's). this rules out
>
> if you get ppp working with dynamic ip, please post it somewhere...id
> love to have this too, right now i am using dip to a slip connection.
> especialy if you find ouut some way for it to print out what your ip is
> thise session....
> -xiamin

The kit on ftp.macbsd.com (in /private/wrstuden directory) should work
just fine with dynamic addresses.  If you're having a problem getting the
connection to come up, I suggest taking the debugging tools out of the
ppp-dod kit (same server, in /private/pgoyette directory).  Essentially,
this automates the process of updating your /etc/syslog.conf file to turn
on local2.* debugging (used by chat) and automatically restarts syslog,
too!  Watch the console output and it will tell you 1) if your chat script
is even getting started, and 2) what it a) expects, b) sees, and c) sends.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |