Subject: services and inetd.conf
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 17:17:38
I installed httpd (apache actually) on my system, as well as in.identd. so
i added these lines in these files:
in /etc/services:

httpd     80/tcp     http   # WorldWideWeb HTTP
httpd     80/udp            # HyperText Transfer Protocol
ident     113/tcp    auth      tap

in /etc/inetd.conf:

httpd     stream  tcp   nowait   root   /usr/local/bin/httpd    httpd
ident     stream  tcp   nowait   root   /usr/local/sbin/in.identd in.identd

this copy of identd was obtained from a friend, because i had no luck with
the default one. oddly enough, these daemons run fine if i run the manually
from a shell. what am i doing wrong that prevents the system from executing
the programs upon boot?! It doesn't work!
thanks for any help :)
  - a