Subject: Re: hfsutils
To: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 14:01:16
> Can someone explain to me how I can use hmount to mount my Mac partitions
> on my external drive.  The drive has an SCSI ID of 4 and shows up as sd1
> when I boot netbsd.  I have tried
>
> hmount Games sd1x (where x is the partition number)
>
> and it tells me:
>
> hmount: Games: error opening device (No such file or directory)
>
> It tells me the same thing no matter what I put for sd1x, I am confused,
> please help.

Try:

hmount /dev/sd1c

That should mount it, assuming that you only have 1 partition on that
drive.  If you have more, do a disklabel on the drive and figure out
which partition letter it is (c accesses the whole disk).  Keep in mind that
the hfsutils don't actually mount the filesystem in the BSD filesystem,
so there is no need to specify a mount point or anything like that.  I
would recommend using either the shell (hfsh?) or the X browser (xhfs) if
you are going to access your Mac partitions.  It's much easier that way.

I hope this helps.

Later.