Subject: Re: X and MacPoint Pro
To: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 13:44:53
> Don't I wish it worked.  It doesn't.  It pretends to be an extra keyboard
> and sends ordinary <- and -> for buttons 2 and 3 respectively (instead of
> option-arrows)  Try it in a text editor, lots of fun.  About the only saving
> grace is that if you just always hold down the option key while using the
> mouse it'll work.  Get xev and play around with it and you'll see what I
> mean.  If I knew how to fix it I would.
>
> --David Bushong

If you want to go to the trouble of digging around with a program like
ADB prober, I can probably make up some patches to the ADB driver to get
it to work.  I managed to get my Mouse Systems A3 mouse more or less
working.  (I was going to work on more robust support for it, but it
managed to die about 2 weeks ago, I'll have to send it in to have it
repaired or replaced).

Later.