Subject: errors on ftp?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 13:48:50
I've had weird errors reported to me, mainly from us. sites. they say they
get an error:the connection was refused when trying to ftp in. I know for
certain that this ftp stuff works locally. anyone ever heard of this
problem? It might just be fetch on the macos side that's not talking
right. I can happily ftp to my se/30 from any local machine (except one,
which gives this same error.). very weird. Any ideas? I think it may just
be a funny combination of fetch and mactcp.

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department,   University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 11 716-3783         Fax: +27 11 339-3513
jon@cs.wits.ac.za              jon@is.co.za
My web page: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/aboutme.html
My ftp site: ftp://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za
My listserv: subscr@cs.wits.ac.za (body of 'help')