Subject: Re: Still disconnecting...
To: Jon Lefman <jlefman@bu.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 03:10:22
On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Jon Lefman wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I understand crtscts and mdmbuf, but why should
> my modem ignore change in dtr?  Would dtr ever drop when using pppd?

The Mac serial ports only have one "handshake out" pin; most of the cables
I've seen wire that pin to both DTR and RTS (or is it CTS? I always
confuse those two :) In any case, unless you set your modem to ignore DTR
(at&d0, usually), there's a chance that it'll hang up when you don't want
it to. Alternatively, you could increase the value of some S register that
specifies how long DTR must be low before the modem hangs up, although
there'd still be the chance of an accidental disconnection.

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++