Subject: Re: is anyone porting xforms?
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 21:15:17
    Hi Rick,

>Has anyone ported xforms, or is anyone working on it?  If not, i'd be
>interested in trying.  With xforms ported, lyx could be ported (for
>those not familiar, it's a near wysiwyg text/word processor, which can
>generate latex).  It handles equations graphically, and shows equation
>editor as the clunky toy it is.
>Oh, the hard part:  only the binaries are distributed.  There is an
>amiga (or is it atari?) port.

I've tried the most recent version (0.86 or so): the GUI builder ran out of
the box (a bit tedious, as I have only monochrome X and no 3-button mouse),
but building a MkLinux application failed, because some "gl" routines were
missing (these are being called by the library). I have not yet looked into
why this happens, or what else should be installed.

Best wishes,

        Nico van Eikema Hommes

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg