Subject: Re: Test kernels...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 18:55:57
   Hi Allen,

>> 3. Built-in ethernet does not work.
>Grumble.  Is there anyone who is interested in doing some printf()-style
>debugging on this?  You'll need to be building your own kernels with
>today's sources.  I expect that we're missing some simple but vital bit
>of configuration.

Well, I could do so, but I don't have the kernel sources on my machine.
If you have a suitable kernel, I'll get it and give it a try.

Perhaps I should really find out what I need to build kernels, stay
current, etc....

>Hmm.  Can you pop the hood on your machine and identify the model number
>of the SONIC?  It should be something like DP83932 and have a National
>Semiconductor logo on it.
>I wonder if the Q650 uses the same model as the PowerBooks instead of
>the same model as the Q700...

It only required taking the whole machine apart (it's dustfree now :-)
but I found it. The chip has "Sonic" on it, number DP83932BVF, as well as
"S9330GD patented" and "1990"

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

         Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg