Subject: Re: FAQ on PPP
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 10:42:32
On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> > this might make just a little too much sense for the wacky world of unix,
> > but why not just put the files in a public directory? then those of us
> > with spotty memories can find them without digging through old emails or
> > faqs...
> > -xiamin
>
> Probably because I think that Allen is the only one with write access to
> those directories ;-)

Well, I have write access for the contrib subdirectory (except for Bill's
ghostscript directory within it).  Interestingly enough, all the files'
groups are set to bsdwork, which is curious since I'm in bsdwww, but not
bsdwork.  Since I created those file... either Allen did a chgroup -R or I
was once a member of bsdwork.  Something that might be nice would be a
contrib group, a list of ppl in a custom group, so that contrib could be
chgroup'ed w/ group write access.  But barring that, feel free to drop
anything for public retrieval into the /pub/netBSD/contrib/incoming
directory and I'll put it into a readable dir.  BTW, I put Bill
Studenmund's PPP kit in /pub/NetBSD/contrib/ppp-setup.  Hope that's okay,
if not, just say so.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |