Subject: Re: Test kernels...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 13:04:56
      Hi Allen,

>Howdy folks.  I've got a test kernel--primarily for quadra folks.  This
>kernel has improved SONIC support from Denny Gentry and some code for
>actually disabling video interrupts on the DAFB and clearing interrupts
>properly on the "Workstation Video Card"--an Apple Two Page display.  It
>also has experimental support for handling interrupts on a "Samsung
>768x1006" display card based on information from Brad Salai.

I've just tried your kernel on my Quadra 650, with following results:
1. When booting, the messages are slightly different:
     /netbsd: intvid0 at obio0: DAFB: Monitor sense 1.
     /netbsd: ite at grf0 not configured
   whereas madhatter #38 prints
     /netbsd: intvid0 at obio0: Internal Video
     /netbsd: ite0 at grf0 (minimal console)
   I'm not sure is these are of any importance, though.
2. X works in B/W. The 960512 color-X kernel still complains about modes
   #80 and #83 being unavailable, so I didn't test color.
3. Built-in ethernet does not work. Same behaviour as with madhatter#38:
   when I use ifconfig to set the IP number, the machine hangs completely,
   the interrupt button ( ->debugger) no longer works. Reset or powercycle
   is necessary to reboot. Any suggestions, or things I might try?

Best wishes,

        Nico van Eikema Hommes

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg