Subject: Re: install problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 13:45:22
Hi,

The information I found on Apple's web sites as well as the Macintosh
Museum (http://www.macintoshos.com:80/macintosh.museum/) indicates that
the LC 630 series uses 68LC040 chips, the Quadra 630s use the "full"
68040 chips, and the Performa 63x series uses the 68LC040 chips.  However,
some Performa 63xs shipped with the 68040 chips.  The Performa 630 we have
here at work (Japan) has a 68LC040.

The easiest way I know how to find out exactly what chip your Mac has is
to use TechTool, available at an FTP site near you.

Mark

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Masami and Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 15:01:14 -0500,
> Nathan Raymond <xray@cs.brandeis.edu> wrote:
> > The Quadra 630 has a full 68040, and some Performa 630's for other
> > countries have full 040's as well.
>
> Oops! Thanks for the correction.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!