Subject: Re: IP Masking, monitors, et al.
To: Dan Jacobowitz <dan@west.chwest.org>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1997 10:21:28
Hi,

I am in a similar situation as I share 1 monitor with two NetBSD boxes.
Here is what I do.  First, I boot my IIcx with the monitor connected.
Once it has booted, I turn the monitor off, and then disconnect the
monitor.  Then, I plug the monitor into my C650 and boot up.  I set up a
ppp connect between the two machines.  If I need to work directly on the
IIcx, I just plug the monitor back.

I don't think there is any problem with plugging and unplugging the video
monitor, but just to be paranoid, I always make sure the monitor is off
first.

Mark

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!