Subject: Re: FAQ on PPP
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1997 17:33:04

> Hey there.  I just read the part of the FAQ that talks about setting up PPP
> and has two links.  Unfortunately if I use Netscape to download them they
> don't download properly.  If I try to ftp to the using fetch I get file or
> folder not found.  I tried going into the private directory and get
> permission denied.  How exactly do I get these programs?

I bet Netscape is downloading them as text... :-(

W/ fetch, cd to "private/wrstuden" or "private/pgoyette" in one
shot. Don't cd to "private" and then cd to "wrstuden". You can,
but fetch will complain.

Usually the private directory in an annon-ftp area is set up so that
you can cd through it, but you can't see what directories are there.
Thus you have to know where you're going.

Take care,

Bill