Subject: Re: FAQ on PPP
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1997 17:53:24
If you're referring to the ppp kits on ftp.macbsd.com, they're in the
/private/pgoyette and /private/wrstuden directories.  But, you have to
cd to those directories in one step;  you cannot cd to /private and then
cd to pgoyette because you don't have read access to /private.

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Albert Carter wrote:

> Hey there.  I just read the part of the FAQ that talks about setting up PPP
> and has two links.  Unfortunately if I use Netscape to download them they
> don't download properly.  If I try to ftp to the using fetch I get file or
> folder not found.  I tried going into the private directory and get
> permission denied.  How exactly do I get these programs?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |