Subject: Re: First Install
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1997 12:33:45
Ok I've done this, but now here's the problem for some reason it isn't
saving the path of /usr/X11R6/bin.  I've tried several things to do this.
if I put in set path=($path /usr/X11R6/bin) it works find till I logout
then it won't work.  I've tried typing in export PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin
and it comes back with the error of "No underlying variables".  so to find
out if there needs to be any variables or options set I tried just typing
in export and the error message "command not found" comes up.  I've done
this from both just the user and from su.  Well X does come up great now
but it gets tedious to type in set path=($path /usr/X11R6/bin) everytime I
log out and log back in.

X is also having problems redrawing it seems like whenever I use a man in
one xterm window and then switch to another window the display gets all
messed up.

Oh also when I'm not working in X is there anyway of setting the background
to be black and foreground to be white?  If there is this would be much
easier on my eyes.  Doesn't seem to be as much of a problem in X with the
white background and black forground, probably the full screen thing that
causes it to be a problem.  Oh also when not in X whenever I view a man and
then hit <space> to go to the next page it comes up so the background just
surrounding the letters is black and the letters are white, anyway of
fixing this.  This happens regardless of weather I'm using color or not
before I boot unix.

Thanks,
Albert