Subject: Re: First Install
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1997 09:41:38
Actually neither one of them are in the readme.  Here's the complete readme
at: ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/mac68k/X11/README

This directory contains a full X11R6.1 build for NetBSD/mac68k systems.
Except for some minor changes to facilitate building under NetBSD in
general, the X clients and related libraries were built "out of the box".
The X server is an updated version of the monochrome Xmacbsd server.

Binaries were built on, and require, a NetBSD/mac68k 1.2 system.

The distribution has been split into 3 pieces:

        xbase12         X clients, shared libraries, fonts, and related
                        man pages.  Also includes bitmaps and miscellaneous
                        configuration files.

        xserver12       The Xmac68k monochrome server with man pages.

        xcomp12         Static libraries, include files (except bitmaps),
                        X config files (for xmkmf), and related man pages.

Admittedly this distribution should be split up more than it is, but
this will suffice for now.

--scott reynolds, 8 October 1996