Subject: First Install
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/29/1997 17:55:31
Hello again,

  Ok I pulled it off.  I've got NetBSD now up and running on my IIsi.  I
know that's the biggest step is getting it running but....  Ok here's what
happens: when it boots up it asks for user I type in su and then enter
because root isn't supposed to have a password I get invalid login.  I'm
like ok lets try root for login.  That works but now whenever I log in for
root it says don't login as root use su.  But it won't let me.  And that's
only part of my problems.  Next one its stuck in C Shell I can't get it to
change over to Bash.  Next problem, I decided to load X11R6 the version on
the NetBSD site but it won't run anytime I enter in anything like startx it
says command not found.  Is this because I'm in C Shell?  Hmm beyond that I
was wondering does pico not come with the original code?  If not I'm going
to get it from MacBSD because I can't stand vi.  Any responses would be
very helpful.

Thanks,
Albert