Subject: IP Masking, monitors, et al.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Jacobowitz <dan@west.chwest.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1997 15:31:23
(Or is it masquerading?  Is that something else?)

Is there any way to support this in NetBSD?  Or even any Mac program I
could use to masquerade the other NetBSD box?

I have a Power Mac connected to a NetBSD LCIII by a null modem cable, and
one modem between the two.
  I would like to connect them both to the net...but not on a permanent
basis.  In addition, I work with protocols which the FWTK can not handle-
server-initiated.  Is there any way to do this or must I limit myself to
one at a time?

BTW I have another question.  To boot 'headless' requires shorting out
pins 4 and 11 in the monitor port....but will a monitor still work after I
short them out if I need to use one at some point?

Ahhh, it's good to be running NetBSD again.  Does the kernel still look
for a monitor if serial console is enabled?