Subject: install problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <msean@ionet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1997 06:11:44
Hello Folks,
	I'm attempting to install NETBSD 1.2 on a Performa 630CD with 36
meg or Memory with install1.1a.
I'm attempting to place a very basic system on my Zip drive.  Woods' matrix
on compatable machines says the Performa part is possible and the ZIP:
Howto (Fang,Bowers, Lam, Woodward) faq has allowed me to have the installer
and Mkfs program acknowledge my disk.  I can run installer 1.1a to build
devices and do the mini shell thing. (Starting my mac with Extensions off
helped out with my initial install problems.)

 However, if I try to install netbsd12 or base 12 or etc12, the system
crashes with the "Floating Point processor not installed/Restartmessage."

Do I need to have these guys (netbsd12, base12) in a special format for
installation? Right now, they are binary with creator R*ch. The faq
mentions something about binhex translation and I figure that after
downloading with fetch 3.01 (binary) and unstuffing with Stuffit Deluxe, I
should be good to go. This may be a poor assumption.

Has anyone have a similar systems where the base drive, sd0, is not the
computers' initial hardrive?

Thought I'd give you guys a try after searching the first 70 mailing list
archive files for "install," "zip," "format," and "68040."  Yuck.

Feel free to keep the newbie stuff of the mailing list by contacting me at
msean@ionet.net.

Mike Markham

msean
Lawton, OK 73505