Subject: Re: ImageWriter Printing
To: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1997 09:21:58

> Hello again!
>
> I am getting the hang of Unix! However, if I want to write something,
> I'd always boot into MacOS and use M$ Works. I would like to change
> that, so I downloaded the source for the SciTeXt LaTeX-based word
> processor and precompiled LessTif-0.75. Now I need to know how I can
> make the PostScript files it will hopefully create for me come out
> looking good on my ImageWriter II.

Ghostscript can talk to an ImageWriter II.

I built a copy of gs a while ago, and it's on ftp.macbsd.com.

WARNING: that distribution needs to have X around (well, one of the X
libraries), and it has instalation errors.

If all you want is imagewriter support, the stock gs distribution should
do it fine.

As I'm hoping to finish my PhD soon, I don't have time to fix up the gs
package. Is someone else interested in taking it over? I can help get
things going, but someone else needs to maintain it.

Take care,

Bill