Subject: -current hangs during config
To: MacBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1997 05:40:30
Have I missed something recently that changed the interrupt handling on
the Mac68k port (specifically, video interrupts) between 15-March and
22-March?

I've got a 15-March kernel that works just fine (except for a previously
reported problem with "pgi_nfree inconsistent" panics).  But I've built
two new kernels, from 22-March and 26-March sources, and both of these new
kernels hang during the auto-config process.

Right after completing the probing of nubus space, the system just locks
up tight.  I can get into gdb using the nmi switch, and a stack trace
shows that it is in routine rbv_intr()+04a, called from lev2intr().

Now, I _know_ that my video card has problems getting its interrupts
turned off by the booter, but that's nothing new.  And the new kernels are
built with MAC68K_BROKEN_VIDEO which took care of this problem before.
Besides, isn't the rbv_* stuff for internal, RAM-based video?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |