Subject: Re: Duo SCSI Solution
To: Tom Tarka x3212 <tommy@boulder.vni.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1997 17:44:26
On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> Well, if we wanted to pack in some extra meaning in places it doesn't belong
> we could make it so that the internal drives are all LUN 0 and all the
> external drives are LUN 1 so you end up with:
>
> ID 0 LUN 0 -> Internal 0
> ID 0 LUN 1 -> External 0
> ID 1 LUN 0 -> Internal 1
> ID 1 LUN 1 -> External 1

There's no need to use LUNs, and it complicates the issue significantly.
NetBSD already has support for multiple SCSI bus configurations, and it's
really just a matter of adding the support to the driver.  (Incidentally,
I've got several ideas for this kicking around in my head already, and
I've split apart the sbc driver in preparation for adding Duo support.
Anybody want to loan me a machine? :-)

--scott