Subject: Re: PPP config
To: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@skypoint.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1997 10:22:19

> I have tried doing this, and that is what I am using. the problem I am
> having is that I ('chat') login, and get the IP address. then my end
> hangs up. one thing I did not do is add the PPP stuff in to the config
> file, and recompile the kernel. I was wondering how I go about this. (I
> am using ADBTest#160 and do not have the source).

It's standard for NetBSD/mac68k kernels to have ppp configured in. You
certainly can take it out, but I bet it's in there. Type "ifconfig -a"
and look for ppp0. If it's there, you're set.

What kind of authentication are you using? Normal password login?
You say you get an IP address and then things stop? What do the logs
say?

Take care,

Bill