Subject: Re: Benchmarks
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1997 08:53:59
    Hi Benoit,

>I've enhanced my NetBSD-mac68k Benchmark page with some simple plots of
>relative performance. This compares the Macs among themselves so it's not
>some
>esoteric Baseline. I've also added all results received until now.

Looks very nice. One correction:

>The results page is http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/bench/benchres.html
                                                    ^^^^^^

And a suggestion: turn the result files into HTML format, and change the
extension to ".html" so that the browser does not need to load a helper
application. The simplest way to do so  is to add a line "<html> <pre>"
at the beginning and a line "</pre> </html>" at the end (leave out the
quotes). I guess Perl should be able to accomplish this :-)

Best wishes,

        Nico van Eikema Hommes

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg