Subject: Re: Consolidated Resource Page?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1997 11:32:42
Hi,

I would be happy to volunteer to maintain a set of NetBSD-mac68k related
WWW pages.  I have been very happy with the support i have received from
the NetBSD community and since I am not much of a programmer, I hope that
in this way I can give something back.  I have already collected a lot of
URLs and I could put them into some pages fairly easily.

Here are some pages I could see putting up:

1) FAQs, How-To's, and other documents.

2) A list of Kernels with FTP site addresses and brief description of the
machines that should run on the kernels.  Perhaps a reverse look-up as
well. (I have this machine, what kernel do I need?)

3) A list of FTP archives for binaries.

4) A list of personal homepages concerning NetBSD.

I am wide open to suggestions.

Mark

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> > Is there a web page that catalogues the various on-line (WWW and ftp)
> > resources available for NetBSD/mac68k?  Here on the list we see quite a
> > number of web and ftp site URLs mentioned, and it occured to me that such
> > a web page would be a useful tool to this community.  Is there such a
> > page?  If there is not, I have been considering putting one together
> > myself.  Before I do though, I need to know:
> >
> > 1) Is there already such a page?
>
> Sort of.  There is the Meta-FAQ which is supposed to somewhat serve this
> function.  Most of the links on it tend to be the ones that are more or
> less constant.  It does need to be updated, tho (doesn't it always ;-)
>
> > 2) Do the other members of the list think the idea has merit?
>
> Sure ;-)
>
> > 3) For the other members of the list who maintain sites, how much time
> > does it demand of you to keep your site up-to-date?  (Colin, I'd
> > particularly like to hear your input.)
>
> Since I tend to do it in bursts, it's hard to tell.  I can work on it
> non-stop for days.  However, a few hours a week would probably be sufficient.
>
> > 4) As I see it, the page should probably best be sub-divided into subject
> > areas.  The areas that immediately occur to me are Ethernet, Color
> > Internal Video support, PPP/SLIP, X, and How To.  What other subdivisions
> > would be useful?
>
> This might be a good idea, any kind of information collection can be helpful.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!