Subject: Re: Benchmarks
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1997 11:22:41
Hi,

I had problems running the benchmark program.  According to the
instructions, I should run a 'make' which I did successfully (at least I
didn't get any error messages).  However, when I try to do a 'Run', I get
an error message saying that the UNIX Flavor is unknown.  This is on a
IIcx.

Mark

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Benoit MARTEL wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I've enhanced my NetBSD-mac68k Benchmark page with some simple plots of
> relative performance. This compares the Macs among themselves so it's not some
> esoteric Baseline. I've also added all results received until now.
>
> Now that I finished setting up everything it's no more work for me no
> matter how much more results I get, all the web pages are generated by a
> perl script. So feel free to participate by running the tests. They are
> available from my pages with full instructions. It takes about an hour.
>
> The instructions page is http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/unixbench.html
> The results page is http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/benchres.html
>
> (They have links to one-another anyway).
>
> The way it looks now is how I intended to have it. I will add new results
> as I receive them. The plots are probably the most important fanciness of
> the page but I may do other enhancements if people ask me.
>
> Thanks to all who participated so far. As we get more machine models
> benchmarked, the plots tell us more...
>
> I wont advertise this again unless (until?) I make some
> upgrades (like new plots etc.) on someones request.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!