Subject: Benchmarks
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/23/1997 20:31:46
Hello everyone,
I've enhanced my NetBSD-mac68k Benchmark page with some simple plots of
relative performance. This compares the Macs among themselves so it's not some
esoteric Baseline. I've also added all results received until now.

Now that I finished setting up everything it's no more work for me no
matter how much more results I get, all the web pages are generated by a
perl script. So feel free to participate by running the tests. They are
available from my pages with full instructions. It takes about an hour.

The instructions page is http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/unixbench.html
The results page is http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/benchres.html

(They have links to one-another anyway).

The way it looks now is how I intended to have it. I will add new results
as I receive them. The plots are probably the most important fanciness of
the page but I may do other enhancements if people ask me.

Thanks to all who participated so far. As we get more machine models
benchmarked, the plots tell us more...

I wont advertise this again unless (until?) I make some
upgrades (like new plots etc.) on someones request.

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.