Subject: Re: ------======>>>>> NetBSD/mac68k Color X question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1997 17:49:27
>  Hey, not to beat the thread to death, I've been following the color X
>threads on this list fairly avidly, and I've noted the mention of the LC
>series drop out of the picture entirely.  Is the LC just being lumped in
>with the IIvx or is it much more complex than originally thought?

Well, the LC is quite interesting. The LC/LCII use the V8 chip which is
the chip the VASP in the IIvx is descended from. So the LCII will likely
run with the IIvx driver sans the Thousands of colors mode.

The LC III, however, actually uses the Sonora driver which is the same driver
used in the PowerMac 6100. The 6100 driver in MkLinux should be a good starting
point to write this driver.

Finally, the LC475 uses the DAFB controller found in the other models of
Quadra. I only have some information about the CLUT controller on the DAFB
but just having code that drives the CLUT should be enough for Color X to
run. You just won't be able to switch modes or resolutions yet.

For more information on this check out:

http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/projects.html

Which has more information on INTVIDTEST2

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill