Subject: Re: Performa 630
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1997 09:32:55
Hi,

I think there are CD-ROMs that have the NetBSD distribution.  At least
they have then in Japan.  One week ago, I saw a CD-ROM in a Tokyo computer
shop that had the distribution set for FreeBSD (x86) and NetBSD
distributions for x86, mac68k, amiga, and sparc.  I for get the name of
the CD-ROM, but the CD cover was all in English.  BTW, the cost here was
5,000 yen (about $45 US).

Mark

> > > Where can I get a netBSD distribution on CD-ROM ?
> >
> > Just ftp, no CD-ROM. :-(
>
> PLease tell me you mean that there actually are some CDROMs with NetBSD
> but that they dont include a binary distribution for mac68k. With such a
> CD you could hopefully get away with downloading only base12, etc12, and
> comp12. Then building all the stuff you want from sources or using Amiga
> binaries. If there aren't any, that would be a shame, somebody should
> burn a few (with binaries for everything) and mail them COD to people who
> ask. Man I whish I could get me one of those CD-Rs but I keep getting
> more broke as they keep getting cheaper. :-(

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/