Subject: Re: 68lc040
To: Brian Pacula <bpacula@value.net>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1997 20:30:00
>I have a Performa (with an 68LC040 chip) that I installed
>NetBSD on earlier this year, and in most respects it works
>pretty well.
>
>I tried to get X Windows working awhile back, but it crashed
>the machine, and someone told me this was because of the
>68LC040.
>
>What I wanted to know is if support for the LC chip will
>ever be added to the X Window distribution, or if there's
>any way for the chip to be replaced or upgraded.
>
>Thanks.

I'd like to know how you got NetBSD to run on a 68LC040 at all. It kept
segfaulting on me... which kernel, distribution, etc. are you using?

- Rolf Braun ... rbraun@geocities.com ... TidalWave on IRC
- Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/
- Help for Mac UNIX questions ... #MacUNIX on EFnet IRC