Subject: Re: Performa 630
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1997 14:08:10
At 12:11 PM 3/19/97, Benoit MARTEL wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Christoph Ewering wrote:
>
>> > Where can I get a netBSD distribution on CD-ROM ?
>>
>> Just ftp, no CD-ROM. :-(
>
>PLease tell me you mean that there actually are some CDROMs with NetBSD
>but that they dont include a binary distribution for mac68k. With such a

Actually there have been a couple of people who asked questions about
getting MacBSD running from the Infomagic CD-ROM.  I think they were both
successful and did not have to download *anything*.  Not even the MacOS
utilities, although they had to run them through Stuffit Expander to make
them usable.

Sorry I don't have a URL or other reference to Infomagic.

OK, the obvioius worked.  Try http://www.infomagic.com/infomagic/3index.html

It looks like it's called BSDisk, and it includes fairly complete
collections of both NetBSD and FreeBSD.