Subject: Benchmarks!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1997 12:26:56
I have received the first few results of running the BYTE UNIX Benchmarks
on NetBSD-mac68k and I have written the first scripts to generate a
simple web page for them. The main page is at:

http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/unixbench.html

It contains instructions on how to run the benchmarks if you want to
participate in the survey and a link to the actuall results obtained
so far.

Input would be particularly appreciated from people out there with
machines we have no results for (but others are also welcome for better
sampling). I haven't heard from any IIx, IIcx, IIci for example. The
tests are designed to take about an hour regardless of the speed of the
machine so it doesn't matter if your machine is slow or fast.

It would be nice to have one benchmark entry for each supported machine.

Once again, any comments/suggestions are welcome.

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.