Subject: MRG-based ADB driver for PowerBook-series
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1997 19:08:09
Greetings,

I am making a MRG-based ADB driver for the PowerBook-series now.
It enables the NetBSD to use the ROM based ADB driver on PowerBooks.
It is almost done. But I need to check if it can work on all PowerBook models.
Currently it works on the following machines:

    PB180, PB180c, PB550c

And I need to check if it works on the following machines:

    PB140, PB145, PB170, PB160, PB165, PB165c, Duo-series

I've released the patch and two test kernels on my Web Page.
Anyone who own these PowerBook models tried the patch or test kernels,
please let me know if it works or not.
The patch is available at:

 http://www.lisanet.org/~hamada/Acti/Netbsd/patches/mrgpm.tgz

And two test kernels applied above patch are available at:

 http://www.lisanet.org/~hamada/Acti/Netbsd/Kernels/PMTEST.961214.iv.sbc.mrg.tgz
 http://www.lisanet.org/~hamada/Acti/Netbsd/Kernels/PMTEST.961214.iv.ncr.mrg.tgz

I defined several ROM vectors for each PowerBook model in the patch.
I could define the vectors of PB170, PB180 and PB550c. But I could not
define the voctors of other PBs because I could not use them. So I had to
guess the vectors of those models from PB170's, PB180's and PB550c's. So
some of them might be incorrect. If anyone can point it out, please let me
know correct vectors.

Thanks in advance,

--
 Takashi Hamada