Subject: Re: Book Reference Request
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/1997 22:26:39
On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> I think there is supposed to be a book that describes BSD internals,
> perhaps from O'Reilly.  This is different from the 5-volume O'Reilly
> compendium of 4.4BSD manuals and code.
>
> Anyone know what I'm talking about and anyone know what the full reference is?

It's called "The design and implementation of the 4.4BSD operating
system" and it's listed in the BSD documentation at:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/lite2/index.html
(or just follow links about documentation from the www.netbsd.org
homepage and you'll get to it).

I have it on order and cant wait to read it myself!

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.