Subject: More ppp problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tristan Doherty <ristar@abacom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/1997 21:09:34
I have a _very_ old 1200bps Abaton Interfax fax/modem that I'm trying to
use to connect to my ISP. I got the ppp scripts from Bill's ftp directory
and configured them correctly (I think). But when I try to run the ppp-up
script, I simply get this:

	connecting...done
	homer#

The modem doesn't do anything at all.

When I try ppp-down, I get this 'Killing pppd...done'

But if I try to ppp-up again it tells me 'pppd is already running...done'

I try ppp-down again and get 'Killing pppd...done' again, not 'ppp is
already down...done' as I would expect.

When I do ps pppd isn't there.

I'm running a IIcx with 20mb of RAM, generic kernel and all the 1.2 binaries.

I realize that I'm probably missing something elementary that can be fixed
in a matter of minutes, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tristan Doherty

Tristan Doherty                      ristar@abacom.com