Subject: Re: NetBSD, X and MLVWM
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
From: Macintosh Guru <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1997 23:22:46
On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Mark Andres wrote:

Well,

Figuring what the heck, I downloaded both mlvwm-0.7.0 and mlvwm-current
from the web page.  I read the README and followed the instructions as
follows:

xmkmf -a;
make

Everything went FANTASTICALY! (spelling??)

Anyway I then change directories into where the mlvwm binary was
(/mlvwm-0.7.0/mlvwm/) and typed ./mlvwm

I got the message as follows:

Can't open display

I was needless to say disappointed. :(  Not that I was really expecting it
to work, but I was hopeful that it would.  I am currently successfully
running the 1.2 dist with the madhatter#37 kernel in 800x600 mode with
xserver12, xcomp12, and xbase12.  I am using AfterStep 1.0pre5 for my
Window Manager without problems.  Anyone else decide to give this a try?

-Greg