Subject: Re: Making a Miniroot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1997 13:57:00
>This will build a 5MB miniroot that is too large to be accepted
>by the booter. But you may either recompile the booter to accept
>a larger miniroot or try to make it smaller.

Has anybody considered simply allocating the remaining memory partition when
it's time to load the miniroot?

A 5 meg miniroot is very helpful. There are all sorts of opportunities for
stuff like a native NetBSD install script a la Linux. Never mind that the
kernel's SCSI blows the doors off the installer's.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill