Subject: Re: ppp not static ip
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1997 11:30:46
I'm thoroughly confused.

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, era eriksson wrote:

> (dial-on-demand doesn't work with dynamic, as Paul and Bill already
> pointed out)

Is the "Bill" in era eriksson's message Bill Studenmund, or a different
Bill?  Does or does not ppp-dod work with dynamic addressses?

Paul Goyette's read me for ppp-dod states that "you need to specify your
own IP address and the IP address of your ISP's router.  If you don't have
fixed values for these, you probably can't use dial-on-demand - sorry."
Is this accurate or can I modify it as per Bill Studenmund's instructions
("Just don't have an IP address set in your options file and
the other end will tell you your address.") ?

Thanks,

Jeff Ohlmann

--

	"Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want
	 Or I'm still alive, and there's nothing I want to do."

			-- They Might Be Giants