Subject: Powerbook 500 serial ports...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1997 09:13:35
Whenever I try to access the Powerbook's serial port, the machine will
freeze.  I have tried both Paul Goyette's PPP scripts, and just trying to
send raw text to /dev/tty00 and tty01.  I believe that in the 500 series
anyways, if you don't have an internal modem, both serial ports get mapped
to the single serial port.  Or am I mistaken? Nothing ever gets sent to the
modem port, and the machine dies in attempting to set up the port (opening
the serial driver?)
Also, ttyflags -a in /etc/rc freezes the machine.  In order to boot
multiuser, I must comment this out.  Is there a problem with 500 series
support, or is there some basic setup I'm missing?

Thanks,
      Steve