Subject: Re: Intvid Update
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1997 01:30:10
>Ok, folks. I was going to release an Alpha Intvidtest2 kernel but a few days
>ago I ran across some information for the DAFB chip which is the video
>controller in most non-AV Quadras.
>
>The IIvx Brazil-video driver is done as of yesterday. Right now I'm
>generalizing
>the driver code and I'm prepping to put in code for the following machines:
>
>IIci/IIsi - Full mode switching and color control
>DAFB - color control, Madatter mods.
>AV Macs - color control, possibly more
>
>I don't want to get everybody's hopes up but with just color control alone
>in the DAFB driver you should be able to get color X going. We'll see.
>
>In any case, this is going to delay the release of the first Intvidtest2
>kernel. That, and I have a nasty cold and an X windowing assignment due :)
>
>Thanks for your patience folks!

> Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
> "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
>  --Rush, Freewill

I want to congratulate you on your accomplishments, and urge you to do a
tiny bit more work that will be infinitely MORE valuable to the project (I
know that you are a bussy chap).  Take the time to write out a few pages of
descriptions of what you have learned about each of the different machines
and how they work, and what pitfalls you came across so that other may not
only learn from your work, but extend and maintain it if necessary.  HTML
wold probably be best, but don't worry about format, I am sure that I or
someone else will gladly step forward to worry about that if necessary, but
do please set down to paper as it were, what you have learned know matter
how horrible the prose or explantion might be.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
My home page