Subject: NetBSD-mac68k Benchmarks
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1997 23:39:46
Hi everybody,
A while back, I had talked about gathering some Benchmark info on the
different Macs running NetBSD. Most replies were favorable so I will
maintain a web page for it.

The page is at http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~magus/unixbench.html

I put the "BYTE UNIX Benchmark" suite up for download and gave
instructions on how to run it and send me the results. It's all on the
page.

Running the benchmark takes about an hour (regardless of how fast/slow
your machine is). Please run it if you have the time. It would be nice to
have at least 1 result for each machine we support and also some results
from the people with accelerators etc...

Any comments/suggestions about this are welcome and can be sent directly
to me.

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.