Subject: Problems with SONIC source...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1997 16:20:24
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I was precognizant here.  The current sup snapshot
is not compilable.  This may delay things a day or two.  Could
whoever updated the sup tree revisit the changes??

The basic problem I'm getting is that if_ae.c complains that struct
ae_softc has no such member "sc_arpcom".  And, if you look at the
definition of "struct ae_softc" in "if_aevar.h", it really does not
have that member.  I tried compiling "if_sn.o" and it complained about
too few arguments to "ether_ifattach".  In "if_sn.c" it only has one
argument to ether_ifattach().  But, it should have two arguments(a la
what if_ae.c has).

I checked the ftp tree and the files there were dated around noon.
That is later than the 4am date that I wound up with from sup.  But,
grabbing those files, I see no difference.  I am EXTREMELY eager to
try the new sonic driver ;-) , so would someone please let me know
when these sources are in a more consistent state?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com