Subject: Intvid Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1997 16:22:53
Ok, folks. I was going to release an Alpha Intvidtest2 kernel but a few days
ago I ran across some information for the DAFB chip which is the video
controller in most non-AV Quadras.

The IIvx Brazil-video driver is done as of yesterday. Right now I'm generalizing
the driver code and I'm prepping to put in code for the following machines:

IIci/IIsi - Full mode switching and color control
DAFB - color control, Madatter mods.
AV Macs - color control, possibly more

I don't want to get everybody's hopes up but with just color control alone
in the DAFB driver you should be able to get color X going. We'll see.

In any case, this is going to delay the release of the first Intvidtest2
kernel. That, and I have a nasty cold and an X windowing assignment due :)

Thanks for your patience folks!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill