Subject: Re: ncr and sbc
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1997 06:58:00
On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> >I am running 1.2C (March01) and the only difference with GENERIC in my
> >config is I commented out "option M68040" (I have a IIvx). I also
>
> Don't use sbc with the IIvx. I use ncrscsi and it works just fine. It's also
> a much faster driver than sbc.

This may be a problem. You see, I dont use ncrscsi because it corrupts my
filesystem every 10 minutes. Now that I've switched to sbc it seems "very
problematic" as you say. What am I supposed to use then? I'm starting to
get a bad feeling about this. I cant afford to go buy a new HD right now.

> I recall trying to us an sbc kernel with my IIvx some time ago and it was
> very problematic if I recall correctly.
>
> >Have people been playing with the sbc driver lately? I remember talk
> >about video and scsi interrupts conflicting not long ago too.
>
> It actually turns out that it's not that but possibly a subtle bug somewhere
> in the memory mapping code.

>  Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
>  "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
>   --Rush, Freewill

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.