Subject: Performa 550 (again)
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1997 00:38:34
Well, I now have a P550 _with_ FPU  :-)

Unfortunately it still exhibits more-or-less the same behavior  :-(

The system hangs on startup probably 50% of the time.  When it does boot
fully (in single user mode), and I run fsck_ffs, again it hangs probably
50% of the time.

I'm using the generic kernel and everything else that is in the 1.2
distribution set.  Is there a different kernel I should try with this
machine, or are there some custom configurations I can use that might get
me a reliable start up?

Thanks,

	Jeff Ohlmann

--

	"Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want
	 Or I'm still alive, and there's nothing I want to do."

			-- They Might Be Giants