Subject: IIci X Window problems
To: None <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 18:02:00
I am trying to run X on a IIci, but I have yet to get it to work.  I
re-directed the standard error output to a file "x.errfile" when I tried
to start X with the command:

~-->startx 2>~/x.errfile

X begins to start, and the screen blanks to white.  Then a textured
screen appears with a cursor in the center in the shape of an X.  This
lasts for several seconds, and then I get a completely white screen with
my system prompt "~-->" at the bottom.  The file x.errfile reads:

Screen 0 at 0x41ad000, 640 by 480, rowB, fbbase 0xbf5000.
/usr/libexec/ld.so: /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol
"_scrollbarWidgetClass" in xterm:xterm

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_scrollbarWidgetClass" in
xterm:xterm

Undefined symbol "_scrollbarWidgetClass" in xterm:xterm

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "^LK\xfb\xd8" in
xclock:/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.6.1

^M
waiting for X server to shut down
^M

I checked /dev and grf0 and grf1 exist.  I also did a dmesg, and there
are lines that read:

intvid0 at obio0: Internal Video
intvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome               (I changed to one-bit color
before boot)
grf0 at intvid0

I have the recommended ldconfig line in /etc/rc.local and the if
statement from FAQ para. 9.4 in my /etc/rc.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Sean.

T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com
TSSchulze@aol.com
theodore.schulze@metronet.de

Hope is not a course of action.  (But prayer is a combat multiplier.)