Subject: Re: cd players...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 18:01:09
>does the sound support weve got work with any cd playing apps? im in the
>state were i get the pop like putting the headfones in instead of a
>beep...if cd players work can anyonee point me in the direction of one?
>-xiamin

Well, I managed to get the Workman CD player compiled but that was about a
year ago. The problem is I was getting SCSI problems whenever the player
issued CD driver commands. I'm not sure if these problems have been fixed.

I wouldn't suggest Workman anyway, though, as it requires the xview libs
which were a pain in the butt to compile. Try xcd. You'll need to compile
a Motif clone like Lesstif but I think it should be able to compile under
MacBSD without too much tweaking.

Try a few out and see what happens. You can find most of the stuff at
ftp.x.org.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill