Subject: "smart" ppp scripts?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 18:01:26
Hi
i run pppd on my IIvx using a very general script that i put together myself.
i was wondering if the ppp scripts on the macbsd.com server were "smart"
and redialed when disconnected (by remote connection, or modem shut off,
something like that), and redialed when there was a busy signal,
continuously.
right now my pppd runs and runs even though it's disconnected, as if it
doesn't notice at all (probably doesn't) and i have nothing in my script
for a busy signal :)
i skimmed through the scripts but could not find "BUSY" somewhere so i
thought it wasn't incorporated...or am i wrong? if not, will this ever be
incorporated into the script?
I'm asking for these options instead of actually figuring it out, if it
even exists, because my setup works now,, and if it ain't broke don't fix
it :)
thanks a lot :)
  - a