Subject: Re: ncr and sbc
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 17:51:16
>I am running 1.2C (March01) and the only difference with GENERIC in my
>config is I commented out "option M68040" (I have a IIvx). I also

Don't use sbc with the IIvx. I use ncrscsi and it works just fine. It's also
a much faster driver than sbc.

I recall trying to us an sbc kernel with my IIvx some time ago and it was
very problematic if I recall correctly.

>Have people been playing with the sbc driver lately? I remember talk
>about video and scsi interrupts conflicting not long ago too.

It actually turns out that it's not that but possibly a subtle bug somewhere
in the memory mapping code.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill