Subject: Re: NetBSD booting trouble on Classic II
To: None <alex@style.khabarovsk.su>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 14:20:13
>I have a trouble booting NetBSD 1.2 with NetBSD/Mac68k Booter v1.9.4 on
>Macintosh Classic II.
>I have 4MB RAM, no FPU expansion card installed, Apple Keyboard II and Apple
>Desktop Bus Mouse, System 7.1.
>Then I normally start my Mac (with extensions & finder) I can't run Booter
>because of small amount of free memory (max free block - about 2300KB, Booter
>requries 3072KB minimum), so I created MacHFS partition on my A/UX
>partitioned external drive, created System Folder loaded with System file,
>NetBSD Booter instead Finder (some hacking of boot blocks with Norton
>DiskEditor) and without any extensions and CDEVs. I started my system and
>have NetBSD Booter started, but the problem is still there. Booter jumps into
>kernel, but after displaying video address boot process is stopped.
>My Booter config, bootlog file and console output are listed below
>
>/* */ - my comments.
>
>/* installed packages */
>
>netbsd12

Don't use the stock 1.2 kernel. Get ADBTEST #160 and install that. The
ADBTEST mechanism is still needed on the Classic II. Look through the pages
at http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/ for info.

- Rolf Braun ... rbraun@geocities.com ... TidalWave on IRC
- Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/
- Help for Mac UNIX questions ... #MacUNIX on EFnet IRC